For many people, the thought of running may seem a little daunting, but don't let that stop you from joining the #TrustTribe at an iconic running event this year.
You don't have to be an athlete, in fact, most
of the people who run on behalf of the Trust are first-timers. If you can do a brisk walk then it's likely you can learn to love running.
Inspired to get started? Why not give yourself some motivation by signing up for a race here.
Not only will it improve your health and wellbeing but you could also empower young people in recovery from cancer.
Signing up to an event and having a goal in mind is the best way to get out there, so put on your trainers and follow our tips below to get you started:
- Firstly remove the thought that you’re “not a runner”. You don’t have to run a certain distance or pace to be qualified as a runner. It’s a natural movement that you did without thinking as a
child and it’s something you can pick back up as an adult.
- Keep it fun and get yourself a running buddy, whether you run with a friend, family member or join a club - check out your local Park Run for free
weekly, 5km timed runs around the country.
- The most important thing is to train sensibly and get your body used to doing longer and longer runs gently and steadily, and most of all ENJOYABLY!
- It’s important that you prioritise a realistic amount of training runs into your lifestyle. Don’t overwhelm yourself because placing too many demands on your body and your time is not
- Enjoy that runderful feeling as endorphins flood your body as you run, knowing that every step you take on the day will in some way benefit a young person in recovery from cancer, will stop
you giving up.
What are you waiting for join the #TrustTribe TODAY!