The Ellen MacArthur Cancer Trust has today (Thursday 8 November) been revealed as a charity partner for CarFest 2019.
CarFest is the brainchild of broadcaster Chris Evans and the Ellen MacArthur Cancer Trust is one of four UK children’s charities confirmed to each receive 10% of the total funds raised from two CarFest events next year.
CarFest presents two magical weekends of music, cars and family fun for all ages, with something for everyone; three multi-genre live music stages, weird and wonderful automobiles, jaw-dropping track shows, mouth-watering food and an eclectic schedule of entertainment and activities spread across a variety of themed areas.
The 2019 event dates are…
- CarFest North, 26th-28th July 2019, Bolesworth Estate, Cheshire
- CarFest South, 23rd-25th August 2019, Laverstoke Park Farm, Hampshire
Since CarFest started in 2012, it has raised over £13.5 million for BBC Children in Need, which remains in place as CarFest’s principal charity partner and and will receive 50% of the total funds raised.
The four new charity partners, selected by Chris Evans and the CarFest team from a shortlist of UK children’s charities, will each receive 10% of the total funds raised.
Chris, who met young people at one of the Trust trip BBQs in Lymington in August, said: “I’m so proud of all the money we’ve raised for charity so far through CarFest and I’m really looking forward to partnering with these incredible four charities whilst continuing the work we do with BBC Children in Need.”
Ellen said: “It’s such a thrill for the Trust to be chosen as a partner charity for 2019. I can’t thank Chris and the team enough for their support in enabling more young people to rebuild their confidence and move forwards with their lives after cancer.”
Music acts to will include All Saints, Beverley Knight, Clean Bandit, Human League, Jools Holland, The Jacksons, Tom Odell and Ziggy Marley. The CarFest Supergroup will be back featuring Roger Daltrey and Sheridan Smith (CarFest North) and Rob Brydon.
Most tickets for CarFest 2019 will be released and sold on 8th November 2018 (approximately 80%). The remaining tickets (approximately 20%) will be released in Spring 2019, to allow fans a second chance to get tickets