Are you an enthusiastic, rigorous, proactive individual who is great at building relationships and passionate about writing?
Do you have a strong understanding of research techniques, excellent organisational skills and strong attention to detail?
Are you an experienced Trust Fundraiser with a burning desire to make a difference to a dynamic organisation working with young people in recovery from cancer?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a full time Trusts & Foundations Fundraiser to join the team at the Ellen MacArthur Cancer Trust and help us maintain and develop a robust portfolio of funders. The role is based in our office in East Cowes but will require occasional travel. You will manage a portfolio of Trusts, Foundations and Grant Makers as well as seeking grants from new funders to grow the charity’s income. Excellent writing skills are essential to develop high quality, strategically relevant applications and ensure effective reporting. We can also provide support and formal training, if needed, for the right candidate.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to Lindsay Nehorai, Fundraising Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 12.00 noon Friday 11thJanuary 2019.
Main role purpose
The post holder is responsible for:
- maximising fundraising income from existing trusts, foundations and grant makers and delivering a high level of stewardship.
- conducting research and building a network of new supporters and grant makers.
- working with the wider fundraising team to help raise the profile of the charity and assist in the achievement of its objectives as set out in the ambitious 3 Year Business Plan.
- Conduct comprehensive research amongst charitable trusts and grant makers in the UK, proactively monitoring and building a strong pipeline of potential funders.
- Developing compelling cases for support, writing tailored applications and funding reports.
- Building relationships with current grant making trusts and foundations via telephone, email and face to face meetings.
- Steward and deliver the highest standard of donor care to current trust and grant makers.
- Work alongside fellow Trusts and Foundations fundraiser to share learnings and workload.
- Engage and enthuse staff, trustees and other stake holders with respect to fundraising activities.
- To represent the Trust at events as required by the Chief Executive and Fundraising Manager.
- Work closely with other departments to acquire suitable case studies and project information for applications and updates.
- Assist with the planning, design and implementation of trip feedback forms and data, helping to gather information for internal reporting as well as donor impact reporting.
- Other duties consistent with the requirements of the charity and supporting wider fundraising team where needed.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in trust or general fundraising
- Experience of researching, collating, preparing and submitting multiple funding applications to charitable trusts and foundations
- Good understanding of some form of relationship database (ideally Salesforce)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working with fundraising budgets
- A team player, who is comfortable working with various staff across the charity
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly organised with ability to manage own workload
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of youth cancer sector
- Understanding and commitment to the long term vision of the charity.