JOIN OUR TEAM FOR AN UNFORGETTABLE SUMMER!
We require a Summer Assistant to support the Ellen MacArthur Cancer Trust team during the 2019 summer season. This is an exciting and varied role working within a small team. The job is for a fixed term from June until the end of September 2019.
This unique role is based in our offices in East Cowes Marina and will provide operational support to the busy Trust team. You will help prepare our boats, ensuring all necessary supplies and equipment are on board for the sailing trips. You will keep our site neat and tidy, and our stores well-kept and replenished as necessary.
The ideal candidate will be; well organised and be able to follow direction as well as work under their own initiative when necessary. You will take direction from the Operational Management team in order to fulfil the needs of the company as and when required, at times you may also provide administrative support to the team. You will also be comfortable interacting with people of all ages and not afraid to get stuck in with water fights, rounders and team building games.
Having empathy with the Trust’s aims is essential.
We require the candidate to:
- Have a full clean driving license
- Be able to pass an enhanced DBS Check
- Be flexible with working hours during the contracted period as some evening and weekend work will be required (Must be available to work 27th – 30th June)
- Be competent and confident with face to face interaction with people of all ages
- Be highly motivated to work under their own initiative
- Be able to undertake work of a physical nature
- Be outgoing and friendly
- To support the fundraising and admin team as and when required
Experience working with young people, sailing knowledge and a powerboat level 2 certificate would be a distinct advantage.
The Trust will provide any required safeguarding training.
Hours: 40hrs per week (incl. evenings and weekends)
Salary: National Minimum Wage
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to Laura Davis – email@example.com
Application closing date: 24th May 2019
Job start date: Immediate