The Ellen MacArthur Cancer Trust is looking to recruit a Community and Individual Fundraiser to join a small and driven team, looking after community fundraisers and individual supporters. Responsible for managing these key relationships, this post holder will manage and drive income and engage supporters with the Trust and the impact of donations.
We’re looking for someone who has either fundraising experience or experience from a similar profession which meets the needs of the role.
About the Ellen MacArthur Cancer Trust
The Ellen MacArthur Cancer Trust is a national charity that rebuilds confidence after cancer, using sailing to support, empower and inspire. Young people aged 8 to 24 in recovery from cancer can join sailing and residential trips organised by the Ellen MacArthur Cancer Trust.
Only after treatment ends can a young person start rebuilding their life following the devastation of cancer. We provide the bridge between treatment and a young person seizing the future they may never imagined possible.
We’re looking for a confident and engaging fundraiser to…
Maintain and develop community fundraising
- Provide on-going support and motivation to current community fundraisers
- Identify opportunities for engaging new community fundraisers including individuals, community groups, schools, clubs etc.
- Recruit and manage a small number of volunteers
Maintain and develop individual donors and fundraisers
- Actively look to increase donor base and engage new audiences
- Manage monthly giving programme to maintain support and creatively think of ways to increase numbers
- To promote third party running events to donors, supporters and the wider public e.g. sign ups to the Great South Run
Build and maintain strong relationships
- Provide excellent supporter service to enquiries from members of the public, via phone, email and in person, and encourage their support
- Proactively use the fundraising database to develop and manage supporters
- Nurture supporters with the aim of building long-term relationships
- Ensure that accurate and up to date financial and supporter records are maintained and are accessible
- Record, bank and process donations
- Undertake administrative duties as required regarding managing donations and helping wider team
If you are interested in this position then please apply online here.
Alternatively, if you would like an informal chat to learn more about the role please contact Lindsay on 01983 297750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more? Take a look around our website, and find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube at @emctrust to get a real flavour of what the Trust does and the difference we make.