‘Step up’ to stay active at home and support the Trust!
EXTENDED BY POPULAR DEMAND!
It was fantastic to see so many of you joining our first Step Up challenge!
If you missed out in April, or enjoyed it so much you fancy joining us for another month of movement, sign up to the May ‘Step up for the Trust’! Keep one step ahead of the rest of the #TrustTribe to top the steps leaderboard by the end of May, or if you are a returning 'Stepper' see if you can beat your April score! Aim for an average of 5,000 steps a day but most importantly just get moving.
We all know how vital it is to our physical and mental wellbeing to stay as active as possible. But when you’re stuck at home, keeping up your daily step count doesn’t come so easy. According to the World Health Organisation, adults (18–64 years) should do at least 21 minutes of moderate intensity physical activity a day.
By ‘Stepping up for the Trust’ you will be helping to keep your heart and head healthy while supporting young people to rebuild their lives after cancer.
How it works
- Sign up to ‘Step up for the Trust’ and make a £5 donation.
- You will then receive a welcome email with the full details about the challenge and an invitation to join the ‘Step Up’ app and leaderboard.
- Keep count – once you've downloaded the 'Step up' app it will link to your phone’s Health app and start counting your steps.
- During the challenge you will receive weekly updates, as well as being able to get involved in a bit of healthy competition on the in-app chat feature.
- We will ramp up the competition by providing updates on our social media too!
- Take your fundraising further and get your friends and family to support you on our 'Step up for the Trust' Just Giving page or create a page of your own!
- Or why not inspire them to pledge £5 and sign up and get involved too?
What you get
Sign up now!
- Everyone completing the challenge will get a virtual certificate at the end of May
- Those who complete over 150,000 steps – an average of 5,000 steps a day - will receive a special certificate.
- The person topping the leaderboard with the most steps at the end of May will join our April winner as ‘Step up for the Trust’ champion and receive a special prize!